3D Ear Impression Scanning services
xxx Brand: LEAR
Product Code: 3D Ear Impression Scanning services
We are thrilled to announce that we now offer 3D Ear Impression Scanning services.
Are you planning to get multiple ear impressions for different IEM manufacturers in the near or distant future? If so, how would you like to save time and money by using just ONE set of ear impressions and sending them to different IEM manufacturers at any given time for the next 3 to 5 years? If you do, this solution is for you.
Here is how it works:
- Place in your order with us.
- Get your ear impressions made by a certified audiologist. Be sure to let him/her know to prepare them for 3D scanning (i.e. trim any excess silicone, remove cotton ear dam, etc.)
- Send in your ear impressions.
- Once your ear impressions arrive, we will scan them in-house with the same high end 3D scanners used by leading IEM manufacturers.
- Once completed, we will send you the digital files of your ear impressions by email to be used for detailing with any IEM manufacturer that currently accepts 3D scans.
- Physical ear impressions will be shipped back to you shortly after.
With 3D scanning, you no longer have to schedule appointments with your audiologist to get multiple impressions. Simply get one set of ear impressions, get them 3D scanned by us, and we will provide your files that you can send via email to multiple IEM manufacturers within a matter of minutes, whether they are domestic or international - saving you a substantial amount of time and money. In addition, this will even allow the manufacturers to start production on your custom IEMs or custom earplugs right away!
Typically, a IEM manufacturer that receives your physical ear impressions will scan and start detailing them for 3D printing. There are drawbacks that include the following: 1. Physical ear impressions are not returned to you. 2. Scan of original impressions (before detailing) are not saved. 3. Their 3D scan/print files are not provided to you to use with other manufacturers. However, by having us scan your ear impressions, you hold on to the originals (both physical and digital) and you can use them any way you like.
The digital age in custom in ear monitor and custom earplugs is here! We highly recommend this service to all audiophiles, musicians, and audio engineers.
Manufacturers currently using 3D technology:
and many more to follow in the future.
Shipping: All physical ear impressions are shipped back via Hongkong Post Office.
LEAR BTC-01 Bluetooth wireless cable
xxx Brand: LEAR
Product Code: LEAR BTC-01 Bluetooth wireless cable
LEAR RESHELL SERVICE FOR BALANCED ARMATURE IEM TO CUSTOM IEM
xxx Brand: LEAR
Product Code: LEAR RESHELL SERVICE FOR BALANCED ARMATURE IEM TO CUSTOM IEM
Thanks to the support of our loyal customers, LEAR’s one-stop re-shelling service has gained invaluable recognition and experience in the 5 years since its launch.
In the past, the re-shelling process was outsourced to our Mainland partners in order to strike a balance between cost efficiency and quality, while LEAR’s tech team (based in Hong Kong) focused on developing and perfecting the CM series that the market has come to love.
Today, due to the increasingly high costs of manufacturing in Mainland China, we have decided to take a leap at this opportunity to further advance the quality of our service – we are proud to announce that the LEAR Hong Kong tech team will be taking over the entirety of the re-shelling process.
- What is LEAR’s Re-shelling service?
- Why re-shell?
You may also want to consider re-shelling your earphones should they need repair but are no longer covered by warranty. One common but often overlooked issue is the blocking of the sound tube by earwax. This causes the sound output of your earphones to dull and diminish. This issue is usually solvable only by replacing the filter, but can now also be rectified via re-shelling. Not only will your beloved earphones be restored, they will be crafted to further enhance your music listening experience!
- The advantages of LEAR’s local service
1. From ear impression to re-shelling, the entire process is serviced by our experienced tech team based locally here in Hong Kong. The risk of misfit is greatly reduced by avoiding discrepancies in third-party quality standards and procedures.
2. The risks of damaging your earphones during delivery to and from Mainland China are completely eliminated! Overseas clients enjoy a tariff and hassle-free import into Hong Kong!
3. The delivery time of orders are greatly reduced! You may receive your re-shelled earphones in 7 working days (subject to extra charges)!
4. The entire process is executed by the tech team responsible for the manufacturing of our high end products. This means quality is a guarantee!
- 1 - 4 drivers HKD 1,688 (ear impression included)
- 5 drivers HKD 1,788 (ear impression included)
- 6 drivers HKD 1,888 (ear impression included)
- 8 drivers HKD 2,088 (ear impression included)
- Re-shelling and ear impression
- LEAR cleaning cloth x1
- Cleaning case x1
- Case x1
Introducing LEAR's semi-hard shell.
This material is now available for parts (canal, body, and faceplate) , or the whole earphones.
Additional HKD$498 for the semi-hard shell on LEAR LCM 1-BD4.2 or re-shells.
- Better fitting & sealing, hence more comfortable;
- Anti-sliding surface;
- Better isolation;
- Impact resistance.
The LCM series are both customizable with Metallic/True Texture/True Wood/Imaginary color/Denim/Mono Laser Engraving faceplate artwork (additional each HKD$398)!
Choose to faceplate artwork :